Traffic Geyser Project Update

A couple months ago I did a project where I wanted to test out Traffic Geyser, and the whole concept of driving traffic and leads to a squeeze page purely through the use of online video.

Well, if you remember from that post, I did about a dozen videos, researched keywords and the whole bit (I explained it in much more detail in the other post which I won’t get into here). I then uploaded those all over the internet, using Traffic Geyser.

To be completely honest, my chronic entrepreneurial ADD soon manifested and just after that I got distracted on my next great project. I really have to get that in check. Anyways, I recently logged into that clickbank account and discovered my site had made some sales in my absence.

Today I remembered that I initially had pledged to keep readers here up to date on the progress of that project, so I thought I’d share a tiny bit of info for your marketing betterment. Yeah, I know, that’s probably not a word.

Okay, so let’s start with traffic, then work through to opt ins and sales.

I launched the site in early October. From October 1 to December 31 I received a total of 1567 visitors.

You can see from the graphic that there was definitely an initial spike. I did a little bit of PPC during that initial spike, for about 2 days. I then turned it off. Probably 100 visitors came from PPC, maximum.

Let me back up for a second – it just occurred to me that Traffic Geyser keeps stats of sorts on how many views your videos have got. So I did a quickie calculation and discovered that according to them, my videos have roughly 7500 views, combined. Now, I think there are actually more than that, because I don’t think their stats tracking works with all the different sites, so most of those views are off YouTube, Revver and DailyMotion. Nevertheless, that indicates something like a 20% clickthrough from video views to the site. Not bad.

Next up is opt ins. Video traffic points to the domain name, where there is a squeeze page waiting. Pretty simple stuff. I setup goal tracking a few days into this, so it won’t be totally accurate, and you’ll see how it spiked on the first day because I started mid-stream.

Total goal conversions? 678. I’m not sure how that works, because Aweber reports a Grand Total of only 572 subscriptions. So let’s run with Aweber’s data.

That’s a 36% opt in rate, which I figure is pretty decent.

So the big question – how many sales came from this? Well, it’s nothing to write home about – total of 15 sales, with a $20 commission on each. So that’s $300.

Of the subscribers, that gives me a 2.6% conversion rate. If you look at the broader picture, and compare traffic to conversions, it goes way down to 0.95%. That’s pretty weak.

Nonetheless, I must emphasize that this is 100% completely passive.

When I realized this thing was making sales behind my back, I had another look at the email sequence, and determined that nearly all the sales were coming from either the initial email or immediately after opt in (the thank you page redirects to the sales page).

So there’s lots of room for improvement, however, if this thing continues at the same rate, and judging from the pictures you can see here, I don’t see why it wouldn’t – traffic has been consistent for the last few months even with zero input on my part – therefore I don’t see much blocking this thing from making at least $1000 a year for me, completely residual income.

Not bad for an experiment. Sooner or later I’ll see if I can tweak this a bit – a simple doubling of the pathetic conversion rate would double the income. That would be cool.

Sorry, comments are closed for this post.